Whole Wheat Chili-Mac
I got this recipe from Weight Watchers - Whole Weight Chili-Mac This one-pot hearty meal can easily be altered to meet your family's tastes. Try subbing ground turkey breast for the beef and whole-wheat spirals or wagon wheels for the macaroni.
main meals Weight Watchers Points ® Value: 10 Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 18 min Cooking Time: 30 min Level of Difficulty: Easy
- 12 oz uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
- 1 medium onion(s), chopped
- 14 1/2 oz canned stewed tomatoes, Mexican-style, undrained
- 1 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp canned green chili peppers, diced, drained
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup dry whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 15 oz canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup SoyaKaas Grated Parmesan Style Soy Cheese, or similar product
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is browned, about 10 minutes; drain off fat. Stir in undrained stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili peppers, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil.
- Stir in uncooked macaroni and kidney beans. Return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until macaroni is tender, about 15 minutes.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and sprinkle with grated topping. Yields about 1 3/4 cups of chili and 2 tablespoons of topping per serving.
© 2006 Weight
Watchers International, Inc. © 2006 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All