Grilled Fruit with Rich Chocolate Sauce
I got this recipe from Weight Watchers's Grilled Fruit w/ Chocolate Sauce Our coffee-cinnamon accented chocolate sauce is a delicious complement to grilled fruit. It makes a wonderful ending to special holiday meals.
desserts Weight Watcher Points ® Value: 2 Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 12 min Cooking Time: 6 min Level of Difficulty: Easy
- 1 sprays cooking spray
- 1 tsp decaffeinated instant coffee, powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste (optional)
- 2/3 oz fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix, use half a 1.4 oz package
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free skim milk
- 2 large banana(s), cut into a total of 12 chunks
- 12 medium strawberries, hulled
- Coat grid of grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine coffee powder, cinnamon, pudding mix and milk in a tall
pitcher. Blend with a whisk or immersion blender until mixture is
frothy; set aside. (The mixture will firm up as it stands.)
- Alternately thread 3 banana chunks and 3 strawberries onto each of 4
metal skewers. Grill skewers, turning once, just long enough so that
grill marks appear on fruit, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove fruit from skewers and divide among 4 plates. Top each serving with about 1/4 cup of chocolate sauce.
When you can't grill outdoors, consider using a stovetop grill or broiling the fruit instead. You can vary the taste of the sauce by adding a few drops of rum extract in place of the coffee powder, if desired.
© 2006 Weight
Watchers International, Inc. © 2006 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All